To determine eligibility for acceptance, each applicant’s information is reviewed and evaluated by an Admissions Committee. Before an admission decision can be rendered, new enrollees (and their parents) are required to adhere to the following Admissions Process:
- Take a campus tour
- Parent/Guardian completes 1 hour of classroom observation
- Student spends one-half day in class being observed by grade level teacher
OBSERVATION FORMS ARE THEN REVIEWED BY THE ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST, AFTER WHICH:
- Payment of the (non-refundable) Application fee is due
- A completed ‘Application for Enrollment’ is submitted along with a copy of student’s:
o Official Birth Certificate
o Social Security card
o Georgia Immunization (Form 3231)
o Certificate of ear, eye, and dental examination
o Current report card and/or an official transcript
o Standardized test scores
o Submit IEP (if applicable
STUDENTS IN GRADES 5-12 MUST:
o Submit two letters of recommendation from previous school personnel
o Prepare a type-written two-page essay entitled “Why I want to Attend Mohammed Schools of Atlanta”
- Formal interview with student and parent together
- Review of school rules/procedures, uniform policies, and expectations
- Formal student interview
- Meeting with Principal
- Review and signing of:
o Parental Involvement Agreement
o Enrollment Contract
o Textbook and workbook requirement
AFTER COMPLETION OF STEP TWO, THE PARENT WILL RECEIVE AN OFFICIAL LETTER INDICATING ACCEPTANCE OR NON-ACCEPTANCE (WITH AN EXPLANATION) BEFORE MOVING ON TO –
STEP THREE: PAYMENT OF REQUIRED FEES:
- Along with parent/ guardian, student must complete a required School Orientation Program
- Accept School Service assignments as a part of the Student Work Program designated to assist the student and school operations. Under the supervision of school staff, students in grades 5 through 12 will gain valuable work experience and valuable community service hours which become a part of the student’s permanent record.
The Mohammed School System provides for its students an academic and social environment conducive to moral, spiritual, and intellectual growth. The pursuit of knowledge and its application are considered the God-given right and obligation of every student. The Mohammed Schools of Atlanta welcome student applicants who demonstrate commitment to the pursuit of moral and academic excellence.
Any student whose records indicate academic and/or behavioral problems must have an additional interview with designated school personnel which may include the School Counselor, Instructional Lead Teacher, Intervention Specialist, and/or the Principal or Director.
Additionally, if admitted, the student will be placed on probation through the first semester of the school term and evaluated for continued matriculation at that time. The school maintains high academic and behavior expectations for all students and reserves the right to deny continued admission to any student not meeting the schools’ standards. Upon acceptance,
All students in grades 1-12 are tested to determine special needs and placement.
The Mohammed Schools admit students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the schools. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletic and other school-administered programs, nor in the hiring of faculty or administrative staff.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS MUST:
- Demonstrate strong interest in academic learning
- Have a record of good social and moral conduct
A child must be five years old to enter kindergarten or six years old to enter first grade at Clara Mohammed Elementary. The school operates a preschool program for children who will be four years of age by December 31 of the current school year. Students who are three years and six months may be accepted depending on space availability. However, after six (6) weeks they will be evaluated to determine continued placement.
Payment of Tuition/Fees
Tuition fees are owed for the entire school term, even if your child is absent for an extended period. Refer to tuition section of this package for complete details on tuition and fees.
NOTE: An application for admission is not complete unless all requirements are satisfied.